Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day


Let's see, what else has happened in the past month? Oh yes, Valentine's Day. Tracy and I celebrated in a pretty low-key way. I thought I was going to be working till 7:30 that night (work got canceled), and he had no idea how late he'd be working because it was his first day of a new service, so we didn't have big dinner plans or anything. We both ended up being done with work around 4:00, so we decided to just hang out, watch a movie, and relax. It was a really good Valentine's Day-- unconventional, but much enjoyed. As for gifts, I gave Tracy a gift certificate to a place in Florida called Ocala Gran Prix, which has really cool high-speed go-carts and a big track. Last year, I paid for him to go skydiving, so I figured I'd find another present that substantially threatened his life to keep up with tradition. This year, Tracy got me a Nike+ iPod thingy, which has one part that plugs into your iPod and one part that goes on your shoe, and it tracks the distance you run, calories burned, and your pace. I've been in a bit of a running funk, not finding much motivation to exercise at all, but this little gadget has helped a ton. In fact, I've run for 7 straight days (every day that I've had it). I was perfectly happy this year to have a non-cutesy flowery over-the-top Valentine's Day in favor of some quality time and gifts we actually enjoy. I think our gifts sum up our relationship beautifully-- I want to kill Tracy, Tracy thinks I'm fat.... Wait. No no no, they're simple but good. Yeah, that's it. Simple but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment