Sunday, February 20, 2011

Last One, I Promise

Finally, a general life update post.

  • I started work at Kanapaha Middle School a couple weeks ago. My job is to work one-on-one with a boy in a wheelchair as he goes about his day in the general education classroom. I help him stay organized, get his books, and generally just keep him on track. It's really a pretty easy job, but it's enjoyable and gives me employment during the daytime before going to Sylvan, so it works out well right now while I'm waiting to hear back about grad school.
  • This coming weekend, Tracy has a medical conference in Weston, FL, which is basically Ft. Lauderdale, so we're taking a little road trip! He'll be in classes part of the time, but we're both excited to get away for a few days and see some ocean. We'll also be visiting some lovely friends from pre-Florida life down there; it'll be nice to see some familiar faces.
  • The weather here has been gorgeous the past several weeks. It was a little above 80 today, and it's supposed to be in the low 80s and high 70s for at least the next week. I actually had to run when it was close to being dark outside today so that it was cool enough. Truly can't wait for a few weeks from now when it's beach weather and we can drive over to St. Augustine for the day. This is the part of Florida I will miss when we move back.
  • That's about all I feel like saying for now. I'm attempting not to get sick, but the tickle in my throat is telling me that my efforts may be futile. I have tomorrow off from Kanapaha but not from Sylvan, so I plan to relax for another hour or so and then hit the hay. Hope everyone has a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Weston?! That's so close to us! We're actually looking at moving to that area when our current lease is up this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! I'd totally say we should meet up, but Tracy doesn't know his schedule for the conference yet, meaning I don't know my schedule for anything lol. Is it a nice area?

    ReplyDelete