Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Update


Two blog posts in one month?!?!?! It must be the apocalypse. Or something. Anyway, another week has passed in humid, sunny (when it's not raining) Gainesville. While all my friends in Oklahoma have finished with school by this week, Alachua County public schools still have TWO. MORE. WEEKS. For the first time in my memory of school, I'm not absolutely dying to get out-- probably because I'm being paid to be in school this time! Ha. However, the kids are acting nuts, and that makes me want school to end for their sake.

Tracy has another 24-hour shift tomorrow, and I work in the morning at Sylvan, but we both have Sunday and Monday off! I was about to comment about how excited I am to have two days in a row off, but then I realized that's called the weekend in real-people world. My goal this next school year is to have a weekend every weekend. Ready go.

In incredibly vague-land news, I lost my mind tonight and did something I said I didn't want to ever do. No worries! It's potentially beneficial and kind of makes me excited/nervous/optimistic. I'll post more about it later, but just know that exciting opportunities are presenting themselves here, and send some positivity my way por favor.

The only other random thing I want to say is that Tracy and I are going to Ft. Lauderdale and St. Petersburg in less than a month and you're not! Ok I'm sorry. That was rude. But we are. And you're not. I just didn't mean it in a rude way.

PS-- Still working on an Oklahoma visit soon. Special ed friends need to send me some sort of documentation of when they're going to be in Norman so we can all get together. Deal? Deal.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be in Norman most of the summer, except the first 2 weeks of June. I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete