Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Final Preparations


2 days till the move.

Today has been a day of little last-minute things. I finally realized today that I have a LOT to do before I leave, and most of that got done. It takes more work than I thought it would to wrap up every loose end and pack every last thing you own when you're moving your life to another state. I've always lived in Oklahoma, so this cross-country move thing is new stuff to me.

The best part of today was my time tonight with Marisa, one of my friends from special ed who I've started hanging out with on a regular basis. We do a lot of planning to work out together, then stuffing our faces and insisting on dessert instead. It's an excellent friendship. We drove to her new school to see her classroom, where we felt like robbers as we unlocked the doors to the school and shut off the alarm. Her new classroom is great, with a smart board and lots of storage space and a big window. I'm a teensy bit jealous since I'd like to be in that phase of teaching, but I'm so glad she got a good job, and my time will come for that soon (in about 5 months, to be exact). After that, we drove out to Goldsby to eat at a place called Libby's Cafe, which was really good. Filled my belly with some delicious catfish and peach cobbler-- yum! As a goodbye present, Marisa framed a picture from our POPS night, as well as made me some very tasty cake balls (are you sensing that Marisa and I like to eat?)... I'd love for her to come visit in Florida so we can check out all the sights (and menus) together.

Day after tomorrow, I get to head out on my adventure! I'm really ready to see Tracy, especially since it has been 6 or 7 weeks since we last saw each other. Another exciting part about me finally getting there is that his parents are visiting, so I'll get to spend more time with his family for the first week that I live there. It will be fun to explore my new home with Tracy (when he's not working) and his parentals. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. You were just a mile from my house when you were at Libby's...of course, I'm not home!! Have a safe trip and keep in touch with us Okies!!!

    ReplyDelete