Saturday, July 24, 2010

Girls' Night!

Me, Cassie, Cynthia, Mary Rachel, and Marisa


6 days till the move.

Tonight was a really great evening with some of my friends with whom I went to college... We were/are all special ed majors, and even though a few close friends couldn't be here tonight (we missed you!), we had a great time. Because it's my last weekend in Norman, we planned a get-together to hang out one last time. After some deliberation, the group decided to make the trek out to POPS in Arcadia, which is about an hour away. POPS is a place with hundreds of different flavors of (you guessed it) pop, as well as food and a giant neon soda bottle. I've wanted to go there for quite awhile and had never been, so I was excited to go. We had an absolutely fantastic time together, even though the wait for a table was an hour long. During our wait, my friends and I sampled such delicacies as mango soda, apple beer, peach soda, and.... IBC root beer. So Cassie didn't branch out much, but IBC root beer is good, so I guess I can't blame her :).

We also took some really fun pictures, which I'm sure I'll be looking at especially often in those first few lonely months while trying to meet people in another state. I just love pictures of friends, and what better location to take pics than in front of a giant glowing bottle? Exactly...

On the way back to Norman, we dropped Cynthia off in Moore and passed Van's Pig Stand; however, some of the lights were burned out, so the sign said Van's Pig STD. For some reason, this was hilarious to everyone. Overall, I had a really great night with some girls whom I have grown very close to in the past few years. I've been so grateful to be able to call these girls my friends and classmates, and I'm so glad we got to have one more night of silly memories.


2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're creatively keeping folks in OK up to date.

    ReplyDelete