Friday, October 29, 2010

In My Happy Place

I would like to start off by saying this has been a pretty darn good week so far, all in all. I don't want to talk about school in this post, lest I get off the "pretty darn good" topic. All I will add about school to my post is that it was a 4-day week, meaning I'm off today, meaning that makes me very happy.

So what else is good? Well, Pioneer Woman, for one. I had heard random Facebook rumblings about my fellow friends trying out recipes and such, and I finally got curious enough to say, "What IS this Pioneer Woman everyone is talking about?" I googled it, and came upon this: www.thepioneerwoman.com. Oh. My. Goodness. This is a mecca for people who like to cook delicious, non-weird things. You may not know this about me, but I like to cook delicious, non-weird things! What a coincidence. I'm not going to lie to you and say her dishes are low-fat or necessarily healthy, but they sure are tasty. I made her homemade chicken and noodles last night, and I must say that both Melissa and boyfriend had happy, full tummies by the end of the meal. Looking forward to trying more recipes soon, as I bookmarked like 1000 of them the other night. Now if only someone wanted to be rich and buy me a bad-a KitchenAid mixer, that would really help me do some of the baking stuff. K thanks.

Continuing with the cooking theme... During the week I don't really have too much time/energy, so not much actual cooking gets done. So when I realized that I had a 3-day weekend this week and Tracy is off work for 2 days in a row (for the first time in a couple months!), I hit up the grocery store for some real food. No more bagged meals and pizza rolls for us, my friends. I got the stuff to make the chicken and noodles, but also got ingredients to make french toast (with cinnamon and vanilla and nutmeg...yummy), plus pot roast with red potatoes and carrots.... Aaaaahhhh it's going to be a good weekend. Be jealous you can't smell the wonderful smells that will be going down in my kitchen in the next few days.

There's a possible rumor going around via Tracy that we might consider going to Daytona Beach tomorrow on his first day off. Well that would be just swell, because it's in the 80s here, and I sure do like me some beach and adventure. Cross your fingers that this happens. If it doesn't, it's really no skin off my teeth either, because I also love me some laziness and football, but whatever.

We have no Halloween plans, which is plenty okay with me. Tracy and I both really kind of dislike Halloween, at least in terms of being adults and dressing up. We are excited about some cute little trick-or-treaters though! That should be fun.

When you leave out the school part, life in Florida is really quite grand. If I could just cook, play at the beach with Tracy, and relax, I just might die of happiness. Have a wonderful last weekend of October, and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment