Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yeah, I don't know. Just read it.

The bad news: Tracy and I didn't go to Daytona Beach this past weekend.

The good news: We've made plans to go in a couple weeks and spend the night! Much better. Tracy has a 3-day weekend (how? I don't know) coming up, so we're going to leave that Friday after I get off work, drive down, stay in a (hopefully) oceanfront hotel, and then spend the whole day Saturday exploring and shopping and having ourselves a wonderful and relaxing mini-vacation.

Another exciting development is that Tracy's college friend Jonathan is coming to Florida for the month! I'm looking forward to meeting him and getting to know him better, and I'm happy he gets to come check out Florida's residency program.

Only a few more weeks of student teaching left! I love a good chunk of the kids there, but it is truly exhausting. Buuuuut... I'm down to 4 days next week, 5 days the week after that, 2 days the week after that, and then one more week of 5 days. Not too bad! I got to spend time observing the speech pathologist the other day, and I loved it. Definitely quite the motivator to study even harder for the GRE so I can get into the graduate program at UF.

Also exciting in my life: I booked my trip home to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving!!! I'll be leaving Tuesday after school and getting back Sunday afternoon. I'm very much looking forward to relaxation, home, my kitties, and of course FOOOOOOOOD... Can't wait to just smell the yummy smells that come from Thanksgiving cooking. Hopefully I'll get to help put up the Christmas tree while I'm home too.

Cooking updates, since that's what I'm into right now (you can leave if you don't like it... ha!): I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow, and besides buying assorted random crapola, I'm buying the ingredients to make Pioneer Woman's white chili, which is basically white beans instead of red beans, chicken instead of beef, and some delicious spicy spices, as well as Monterey Jack cheese on top. It's cool and rainy here, so that kind of food just sounds good. Also on the menu for the coming week is Pioneer Woman's Penne a la Betsy, a tasty-looking dish with shrimp, penne pasta, fresh herbs, and a tomato-cream-delicious sauce. Aaaaand finally, I'm buying the stuff to make very yummy slow-cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, which is amazing and surprisingly not Pioneer Woman. Yet another week of wonderful smells coming from my kitchen; this means another week of jealousy for you. Sorry. That's just how I roll these days.

PS- I decided to make random things bold in this entry. My technological prowess is astounding even to me sometimes.

1 comment: