Monday, January 17, 2011

Brain Diarrhea



Happy Monday! Happy MLK Day! Happy January 17th! I had the day off today, although not voluntarily. The creeping crud has hit Gainesville, so lots of sickness combined with no school today has caused a lot of parents to cancel their kids' appointments at Sylvan. While I like relaxing, especially since it was pouring rain the whole morning, I really would enjoy the hours... Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be back at work and bringing home that bacon.

I'm beginning to get a little nervous, because I have an appointment on Wednesday with one of the professors in the speech program at UF to introduce myself, get my name out there, make a good impression, etc. I want to get into this program badly, so the anxiety is slowly creeping up. Think good thoughts for me that I won't say something stupid/offensive/strange! In other grad school news, my application is completely done, my references have turned in their statements, and now I'm just waiting on official GRE scores and my OU transcript to arrive at UF. Yaaaaay!!!

Tracy's birthday was yesterday! We went out to dinner and a movie with friends, and he has a delicious-looking ice cream cake still waiting to be eaten. Overall, a pretty great day spent with good friends, and I'm so excited that I got to share in Tracy's celebration.

On a very superficial note, I have a haircut on Friday. I've been waffling back and forth between two options: 1. Just get a trim, 2. Get the trim, but get side-swept bangs cut again. This is why I'm posting pics of myself on my blog. Soooo if you're girly enough to care, feel free to leave me a comment on which option you vote for haha, because I can't decide.

1 comment:

  1. Love the bangs!
    And I'm sending good thoughts your way for UF!

    ReplyDelete