Thursday, August 5, 2010

St. Augustine


Yesterday was vacation day! Tracy and Co. and I drove down to St. Augustine, which is about an hour and a half from here. We ate lunch, then hit the beach for a couple hours. The water was absolutely perfect-- I plan to come back for Thanksgiving looking much tanner than you all! Haha... Once we all dried off, we hit the outlet malls for a little shopping. Guess jeans, 2 pairs for 50 bucks. Amazing! Tracy's parents asked one of the cashiers where would be a good restaurant to eat dinner, and she suggested Creekside Dinery, a place all the locals like to eat. The atmosphere of that restaurant was really cool. We sat out on a big deck overlooking a waterway, and there were a couple of raccoons that would venture to the edge of the deck for a piece of breadstick or some fish. It was about dark when we arrived, and the deck was surrounded in Christmas lights and shaded in big trees. There was also good live music. Oh, and did I mention that the food was pretty delightful too? Shrimp scampi, get in my belly! We finally arrived back in Gainesville around 11:30 last night. Tracy and I really want to spend several more weekends in St. Augustine, and I'm enjoying the fact that I have a place to go for cheap mini-vacations within a short driving distance. A great day of sun, shopping, and of course, fooooood.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love St. Augustine! My grandparents lived in Jacksonville for most of my life, and I'd spend almost my whole summer there with them. When I was 15 they moved to the north side of St. Augustine and it was so much more calm than Jacksonville. The old shopping area is nice, and the beaches are by far more calm than in the city! They moved to North Carolina my senior year of high school though, so now there's no one there to stay with.

    ReplyDelete