Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday

Here I am again, ready to entertain you with yet another riveting piece about the daily happenings of the final week of my summer vacation. Ha.

Today I drove across town (when I say across town, I mean a good 35 minute drive with some traffic) to get fingerprinted for my part-time job. After some confusion about in which building this process was to take place, I finally found where to go, paid my 80-something bucks (ridiculous), and had a crazy lady take my fingerprints as she told me about how she made up the word "fluffy" to describe angry people. As in, "I don't know if I can take my lunch break when the office is this busy. I wouldn't want people to get fluffy." All in all, a strange experience. After that, I drove by my new home for the next 8 weeks, Stephen Foster Elementary. Have I mentioned that their mascot is the Steamers? Hehehe.

The only other semi-productive thing I've done today is amble over to the pool for an hour or so. I'd like to report that I'm tanner than I've been all summer, although still probably pale by most people's standards. I'm a person who kinda hates lying by the side of a pool and sweating my face off in the name of a sun-kissed glow. However, if I had the option to go play in the waves for a few hours each day in St. Augustine to achieve said glow, I'd jump at that chance. Sooo that being said, I got bored quickly and came back. Now I'm just waiting for Tracy to get off work so we can hang out. Would it be a crime if I said that I'm actually sort of ready for school to start? I'd like to meet some people and be occupied during the day, and preferably make a little moolah as well.

Oh, tomorrow night Tracy and I are going to dinner with another resident and her husband. Trying out Blue Moon Pizza! Yay for making a few new friends in the area and going out to eat. The end.


1 comment:

  1. I've never commented on a blog before, so feel free to critique. But, fuffy might be the most amazing way to describe angry people that I've ever heard. If I could get you to drive back over there and give that lady a boob-shot (the female good game) from me, that be awesome...

    ReplyDelete