Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eat, Nap, Repeat

I just sat down to write a lesson plan for my observation this week in student teaching. That's why you're getting a blog (ha). Motivation for school work isn't exactly striking me at the moment, so writing a post is a nice little diversion. It has been a great, relaxing weekend, and I'm not ready to go back to school tomorrow AT. ALL. As I mentioned in my last post, Jake drove up from Ft. Lauderdale for the weekend, and he brought a new friend with him. We got some pizza, watched the OU football game (which I'm sure both of them were thrilled about, since neither went to OU), went out to dinner at Stonewood Grill and Tavern, and watched a movie (or halfway watched it, for those of us who couldn't stay awake very well). They left this morning, and Tracy and I have done nothing all day except catch up on sleep. Aaaaaahhhh, football season weekends. I kind of love Saturdays that consist mainly of eating chips and salsa and queso and snoozing in the middle of football games. Alas, it's back to reality tomorrow, full of 5:30 a.m. wake-up calls and IEP writing and making small children sit in their seats for long periods of time.

My foot is much better, for those of you who care. I appreciate the words of encouragement on my last post! I was going to try to run on it today, but it's currently pouring down rain and we're in some kind of advisory that involves small hail, so I may be putting that off. I have been walking on my foot just fine now with no limping for a couple days though, and so far everything seems fine. I'll be getting some new running shoes, but probably not till October or so. Part-time job isn't kicking in for another week or so, and unfortunately new shoes cost money, believe it or not. I'll just take it fairly easy till then and pay a little better attention when my body starts yelling at me.

On a somewhat related note, I think I may try this week to finally quit drinking pop (or sooooodaaaaa for all you people from the East). I love it a lot, and I've gotten back into drinking it way more than I used to, but I neeeeeed to stop! If anyone has any suggestions for how to make this easier, please share! The end.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like swapping to low cal and low caffeine sodas help to ease the transition. Low calories means, your body is getting less of a carb/sugar rush which slowly removes the bodies' desire for the soda. Then, swapping to low/no caffeine sodas like Rootbeer or 7up because again, you remove the boost that the body gets from that. After that, it's all about finding a product to replace the oral carbonated fixation. Seriously, soda providers know how to keep you hooked. By removing one of these every week or so, you can taper off, and tell soda to go to hell. :D

    ReplyDelete