Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things Are Looking Up


I began this week determined to have a better, more positive, more productive week than last week. I think by having a good attitude, you bring a lot of good vibes around and stuff really does go better in general. Some things I'm grateful for this week (in no particular order):

1. My part-time job finally came through. I am tutoring 3 lovely (or should I say, HOPEFULLY lovely) children, starting tomorrow. It's difficult to pay for all the little unexpected things that come with moving when you have no job. I've been stretched pretty tightly financially while waiting around for this job to start, so I'm incredibly happy that by November 1, the tutoring company will be sticking some good money in my bank account.

2. I've gotten to teach all week in my internship! While I do get frustrated with the small children some days, it's better than being frustrated with my cooperating teacher because I have no responsibility. Things have gone relatively smoothly, including my 2nd formal observation by my supervisor.

3. Tracy. He's quite nice to me. He listens when I gripe, helps me be lazy when I have trouble slowing down, and acts goofy with me on a regular basis. Not really sure how I would have survived these last 2 months in a new place/new life without him.

4. I only have 6 days of this internship placement left!!! This marathon is almost halfway done, my friends. For this leg, I have only 1 Monday, 1 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday, 1 Thursday, and 2 Fridays left! Everyone do a little dance. Right now.

5. My incredibly kind mommy randomly decided to send me a pair of ballet flats that actually have arch support in them so that I can wear shoes to work that don't continue to mess up my foot! The foot that I hurt running has continued to give me some problems, but I've come to the conclusion that it's partially because I keep wearing flat, hard shoes all day with no arch supports. These should help at least some, and after I eventually get some new running shoes and insoles, perhaps I'll be good to go. I'm spoiled :)

6. Last, but certainly not least (and in fact, probably most importantly), THIS WEEKEND IS OU-TEXAS!!! I wish I was going again this year, but I'm perfectly content to sit on the couch and watch it long-distance as well. Tracy is miraculously off work that day, so we plan to stuff our faces with unhealthy junk and watch the Sooners dominate some Red River Rivalry. Yeeeeah... Everyone enjoy your Friday tomorrow, and Boomer Sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment