Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life is Gooood


If you've been keeping up with my countdowns, I'm sure you can guess that I'm in a pretty awesome mood as of right now. My little Daytona Beach getaway is TOMORROW!!! We leave after school and head to the beeeeeeeach. Please forgive the excessive use of capital letters, exclamation marks, and draaaaawn out words in this post, as I've had a lot of unnecessary sugar today and was already a little hyper before that. Anyway, Tracy is currently at his very last night shift for his transplant surgery month, I got all packed this evening, and all that's standing in my way is 7 measly hours of school tomorrow.

A somewhat unexpected development this week is that I was hired by Sylvan Learning yesterday! This marks my first job ever that requires a college degree. I'm such a grown-up *sniff*. My position even sounds all official and such-- Certified Reading and Math Teacher. BAM! It's like a real job and everything, plus something I can continue while doing grad school. And they're so eager to start training that I'll be getting a paycheck or two before Christmas. I don't remember if I posted about this before (so I'm sure you don't either), but I emailed them way back in June, and they actually contacted me about the position last week. I usually get really nervous at interviews, but because of the circumstances, I kind of felt like they were seeking me out rather than me desperately needing the job (which was the actual case), so I ended up having a great interview. I'm pretty happy with what I see so far, and I'm really looking forward to starting with students.

Just some random little life updates for all my Oklahoma friend-people (and Kelly!) Please enjoy the pretty-colored trees and cool weather right now, as I'm lacking in both of those things and am especially missing the leaves. Be home in less than a week!

1 comment:

  1. The trees' leaves are especially pretty this year. Bruce and I were both talking about that yesterday. We think it must be the mild temperatures and lack of CONSTANT wind, which helps to keep the leaves on the trees. I will think of you tomorrow as I drive to school....I will take an extra gander at the trees but will also be keeping in mind that you will be going to the beach...........

    ReplyDelete