Monday, November 8, 2010

Muh-muh-muh-Monday

I was feeling a little ooky today (yes, ooky... you don't know the word?), so I ended up coming home from school a little early. After a nap, I feel quite a bit better, so I've been studying for my GRE for a good part of the day. However, it's time for a break, so I thought I'd get in a short entry. You know, break the trend of only posting on Friday after a long week. I'm a rebel like that.

This weekend was pretty good in terms of restfulness. Saturday I cleaned and spent a little time with Tracy in the evening, and then Sunday I hung out with Jonathan (the friend who's visiting Gainesville on his rotation) while Tracy rocked a 24-hour shift. We had a lovely time, cruising up to the hospital to hang out with Tracy for part of the day when he wasn't busy. It still makes me giggle a little bit every time Tracy gets paged and picks up the phone, dials some number, and says, "This is Dr. Sisk and I was paged." Hehehe... You're not a doctor, you're Tracy! Silly. Anyway, Jonathan and I also browsed around Target and Barnes & Noble, as well as one of my favorite places in the world, Publix. Aaaaand finally, I worked on some lesson plans and a behavior management plan, which were thrilling, let me tell ya.

As my GRE looms ever closer (As in, it's in about a month! Eeeeek), I've definitely started a mini panic party and decided to really buckle down and study so that I don't have to cry on the evening of December 10th as I realize I have to take the stupid thing AGAIN. I'm currently studying some antonyms. Seems easy enough, right? Especially for someone who loves English and grammar... No. No. NO. Sadly, no. It's really quite difficult and makes me freak out even more, as I realize my seemingly decent vocabulary is actually rather teensy when it comes to big fat standardized tests. All that being said, I think with a few more weeks of studying (since that's all I have), I'll be in a place in my knowledge that I can at least get the average score to be admitted to the speech pathology graduate program. Cross your fingers, make a wish on a star, etc.

To wrap this baby up, let's go through a little list of countdowns, about which I'm very excited. If you know me, you know I love my countdowns and lists...

15 school days left of student teaching
15 days till Oklahoma for Thanksgiving
11 days till Daytona Beach with Tracy
3 days left of school this week
17 days till Thanksgiving
1 month and 2 days till the GRE

See? Wasn't that fun? Okay fine, I'm done now. Have a great week and try to stay well!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GMAT here: gmatonlinetest.com . I hope it's useful for GMAT test takers.

    ReplyDelete